Thursday, November 3, 2016

The One Day Diet Plan. Try it out

It is not really difficult to stay away from wheat and milk. It is the mindset and the social conditioning that makes us feel that there is nothing left to eat if we do away with these two foods which are considered as staple diets for almost all of us. You need to convince your mind that you are opting for something better, more nutritious, more healthy and yes, more tasty too! In order that you get `addicted' to good food habits, how about experimenting with just a One Day Diet Plan.


So, come on, you may try out this One Day Diet Plan and see how you feel by the end of the day. Organise yourself a day earlier so that all ingredients are in place. And make sure your will to experiment on it, is extremely strong! I have realised that you can switch over to a non-wheat, non-dairy and non-sugar diet only and only if you have your fridge and kitchen shelves are appropriately stocked up with the right kind of vegetables and groceries. Or else you are going to compromise. Since the last two days, my chana dal is over and I haven't had the time to buy it. I have supplemented it by Kabuli Chana and Rajma (which is not compromise really) but I'm just dying to get that space to buy my Chana Dal from that one particular shop that I like. Will do so after the marriage ceremony I have to attend today is over. 


Yesterday, Meenal pointed out an error in my post on `Being overweight is bad for Diabetes.' I mentioned `no proteins until lunch time.' What I meant was no carbohydrates until lunch time. I have made the correction accordingly and it now reads `No carbohydrates till lunch time; only protein and raw vegetables in the form of chutney, salads, smoothie etc.' Please note. Thank you, Meenal. for the alert.

The One Day Diet Plan (please note, you may assess your hunger and your food routine if you are on medicines for Diabetes. I wouldn't be able to make any suggestions as I use only food as a tool to counter Diabetes. You may discuss this diet plan with your doctor before you start). By the way, this diet plan is effective for `feeling good' and for weight loss too. Is this diet plan, my original one? No. I have made it a part of my daily life after studying all that Dr Tripathi stated in his lecture that I attended and reading Dr. Biswaroop Chowdhury's e-book, which incidentally is not available free on the Internet, since the last fortnight or so. I have added on my experience to these.

Preferably, the night earlier, have your dinner latest by 8 p m. 

1,If you are an early riser like me (I wake up at 3 a m-4 a m), then you may start with green tea or coconut milk tea (I have coconut milk tea as I need to get that instant energy to do my writings). Or if you can also have warm water with only 1/4th lemon juice (if I have more than that I have a problem with my throat and I can have this only once in a while. Having it regularly has not suited me. However, if it suits you, go ahead with more portion of lemon juice). After this, if you feel hunger pangs, have two walnuts or three almonds.
However, if you wake up at 6 a m or later than that, you can skip the above and straightaway have  the Green Smoothie. (I have given the recipes of Coconut milk tea and Green Smoothie in my post titled (Lip smacking and healthy recipes for Diabetes). Before having the smoothie, take one tablespoon cocum extract (you get it in the market without sugar). Add 2 tbspns of water to it and have it at one shot. It sets the digestive system rolling. You have it everyday when get up in the morning or on alternate days or once in a while. You judge for yourself.

2. Give one hour time after you have had your Smoothie. If you are still hungry, remember Smoothie can be a replacement for your breakfast too. I need something more after one hour of having Smoothie. So, have the Nitric Oxide Salad (recipe given in my post titled Lip smacking and healthy recipes for Diabetes). This should take care of your morning eating. 

3. Around 11 am: If you are slightly hungry, then have a fistful of Rajgira flakes (amaranth), 1 tablespoon of chana or peanuts or two walnuts/almonds (walnuts do not suit me). If you are hungrier than that, carry in a small tiffin (if you are working) a very small dosa of Chilkewali Moong dal or Besan dosa (I have given some recipes in my post - Some breakfast recipes (dump that bread)

4. Lunch - between 1 pm and 2.30 pm -  have the following for lunch - 1 small Bhakri - keep that on the side where you serve your vegetables in your plate. Now load the remaining 3/4th or more with a generous helping of any vegetable (I have given some recipes in my post (vegetable recipes so easy to make). Please have vegetables like all kinds of beans, yellow pumpkin and so on. One portion of any dal - one katori. A good helping of any salad tempered with oil like Flax seed oil or Tll oil or Olive oil. Please chew your food and take 20-3 mins to have your lunch

5. 4 pm to 5 p m - Coconut milk or Green Tea. You have this after breakfast also if you like instead of having Rajgira or chana or peanuts.

6. 6-7 pm: Time for a nice soup - I have Dudhi (lauki / bottle gourd)-Carrot soup.  You may have any cold soup or a fresh drink (I have given suggestions in my post, `10 safe drinks you can have for Diabetes). The portion should depend on your hunger. The soups should not be based out of cornflour or any thick cream. Clear soups are light and easy to digest,

8 pm: Two tablespoons of Brown Rice or you may avoid carbohydrates completely and have a Chilke wali Moong dal dosa. Have it with a large portion of any green vegetable - my favourite for the night is Lasuni Palak, You must have different kinds of greens available in the market and make them real tasty. If you like you can have a small portion of raita made out of cucumber, tomato with a dash of Soya curd. If you are a non-veg, you could have a couple of chicken tikkas, provided you chew them well, eat slowly. Better is a grilled fish or even 3-4 fish tikkas, eaten slowly and without combining with any carbohydrate.

Before sleeping, have warm cinnamon (Dalchini) water with 1 tspn of Flax seed oil or Til oil in it. Take two glasses of water. add half teaspoon of Dalchini powder or a small stick of it. Boil to half. Strain. Add oil and sip it. Check out if Dalchini is too hot for your body. Then have once in a while like I do. You can make different kinds of such concoctions for the night.

How do you like this diet? Please try out and let me know. Remember, eat enough as much as your stomach wants it. No use of half-starving and no use of over-stuffing. You have to find that correct portion for yourself. Which you will, as you chew your food and eat the right kind of food, you will come to a moderate proportion of food consumption. And with this nutritious food, you will not feel falsely hungry

Remember, bland food is not always the right kind of food. The right kind of food made tasty is the ultimate solution to control Diabetes, any lifestyle disease and to lost weight and have your face glowing.At the end of the day, this Diet Plan makes you feel so light and happy.

Do let me know if you try it out. Cheers

Adding this: ( PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SAMPLE MENU. YOU MAY KEEP CHANGING IT BY MAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF VEGETABLES, SOUPS AND EVEN DEVIATE ONCE IN A WHILE BY MAKING PAV BHAJI (WITHOUT POTATOES), PAKODAS. BUT TO BE EATEN ONLY WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY).

Tomorrow: That last drink of the Day. What should it be? Some recipes of the drink you could have before a night's sleep.






6 comments:

  1. Thanks but one might be tempted to deviate over a period , or is it that feeling good keeps you going without getting bored with the limited variety in menu ?
    What is your experience ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you will get bored if you have this menu everyday. You have to keep changing your dals and vegetables. Once in a while you should indulge in spicy stuff too like vegetable curries, pav bhaji (which I make with Kabuli chana and green peas and turns out delicious), you can have bhel for as snack as long as you use lot of besan shev with boiiled matki, cut onions, tomatoes, corriander leaves etc. I have provided just a SAMPLE MENU. Within that framework you can innovate, change, twist and turn around - as per your appetite and what your body within asks for. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinitaji, just wanted to thank you.. As a recent pre-diabetic your blog turned up as a beacon of hope amidst all the gloomy stuff which came up while googling. I was already leading a healthy lifestyle but with a few tweaks following your advice I am already benefiting and hope to reverse my condition. Much gratitude and best wishes for your health!!

    ReplyDelete